Dura-Bond High Performance Coated LS Cam Bearings CHP-23T (2003-09 2nd Design)
- Part Number:
- In Stock!
- Free over $98 in US 48
- Cam Bearings
- Bi-metal micro babbitt
- Coating Type:
- Teflon coated
- Sold as a set
- 2nd Design; Positions 1 and 5 Housing Bore 2.3460"/2.3480"
Dura-Bond High Performance Coated LS Cam Bearings CHP-23T (Coated)
2nd Design; Positions 1 and 5 Housing Bore 2.3460"/2.3480"
The high performance cam bearings offer more than double the fatigue strength of conventional bearings, withstand racing spring loads, and maintain the excellent surface characteristics of Babbitt.
Specific Contributions of the Design and Processes:
- Micro-babbitt: A very thin layer of lining which reduces the microscopic deflections that occur to a bearing when loaded and thus increases fatigue life.
- Grain-Controlled Babbit: By cooling the Babbitt quickly in the casting process, very fine grain structure is achieved. By leaving the structure as cast, tensile strength is almost doubled over the standard bearing. This hard and high strength condition provides the “toughness” needed for racing applications.
- Burnishing: Cold working the surface of the Babbitt eliminates micro-fissures that can lead to fatigue failure. The surface also exhibits a higher hardness.
- Precision Machining: High Performance manufacturing tolerances are closer to control installed oil clearances, which reduce operating bearing pressure.